Project title: 3i Development Ltd. IDAP (Intelligent Digital Analog Port) equipment innovation development
- Beneficiary’s name: 3i Development and Services Ltd.
- GINOP-2.1.2-8-1-4-16-2019-00841 identification number for the support application
- Place of implementation: Szeged, 12 Kollégiumi street.
- Start of the implementation of the project: 01.08.2019.
- Finish of the implementation of the project: 28.02.2021.
- The total eligible cost: HUF 50,539,048
- Amount of non-refundable support: HUF 27,796,476
- Amount of loan: HUF 17,688,665
- Support intensity (Non-refundable support, Loan): 90%
The IDAP (Intelligent Digital Analog Port) device was developed in 1997 and has been continuously manufactured and used in various areas of the industry ever since.
IDAP is a universally usable device that is suitable for collecting measurement data, controlling, regulating, or simply receiving and transmitting signals.
In the case of regulation, control there are various algorithms available to perform the desired task. (Eg PID algorithm).
The base part is called CPU board what can receive different side panels. These side panels can be analog or digital inputs, some of them also can be used in Ex areas. The types of channels on the side panels can be set in software, the same channel can receive e.g. 4-20 mA signal, 0-5 V signal, 0-10 V signal, etc. With the help of these, the same IDAP can be used in case of a signal transmitter change, only a software adjustment is required for the changeover. It is possible to connect 2 side panels to the CPU, the side panels can receive 4-8 channels.
IDAPs communicate with Ethernet network.
By using IDAPs, a significant cost reduction can be achieved, because there is no need to provide circuits that match the signals one by one, and the measured data can be transmitted immediately via an Ethernet network.
The goal of our development is to implement a cost-effective tool that can be used in all areas from the set of modern parts, with the right software and the currently standard interfaces.
The IDAP (Intelligent Digital Analog Port) is a universally used device that
- stand-alone or organized into an RS485 / Modbus RTU or Ethernet / Modbus TCP network
- outstandingly suitable for measurement data collection, controls, regulation.
Expected results from the new development
- reliability was significantly increased
- production costs have been significantly reduced
- used modern parts base
- RS485/Modbus RTU or
- Ethernet/Modbus TCP
They can communicate with their environment through an interface. All parameters of the interfaces can be set with the IDAP configuration software. These
- RS485 / Modbus RTU – data rate, check bit usage, character length
- Ethernet / Modbus TCP – IP address, MAC address
Built-in control algorithms
In case of suitable side panel configurations, one IDAP device is suitable for independently performing control tasks with different built-in PID algorithms: PI control, PID control, analog output, three-point control, etc.
Measurement data collection
It is expected that the IDAP RAM can store 20,000 measurement results along with a timestamp. It makes the stored data available to external users via RS485 / Modbus RTU or Ethernet / Modbus TCP interface.
This is the main area of application in the industry. Because the IDAP provides galvanic isolation or Ex protection of channels, the use of isolation units can be leave out from an IDAP-based systems. The expected price range of IDAP (based on experience so far) is significantly lower than the cost of the same number of channels (PLC input or output + isolating units). At the same time, cabling costs are also reduced.
During the development, the hardware was completely redesigned, a new multi-tasking operating system was developed, and new features were added to the equipment. This created a more secure, state-of-the-art device with the current standard interface.
The developed system can be used in all areas of industry, where there are various sensors, transmitters and measuring devices. Can also be used in explosion-proof areas.